Asset Management Competency Framework Cohort 1
April 15 @ 12:00 pm - September 16 @ 1:00 pm EDT
Learn about CNAM’s AM Competency Framework for Canadian Communities (AMCF) and how it can help you increase AM capacity and build AM capabilities. This cohort program will run for 6 consecutive months beginning in April 2021 and will include a 1-hour interactive session each month. Sessions will be held at 9amPT/12pmET on the third Thursday of each month beginning April 15 (recordings will be available to participants).
The cohort will be composed of municipal participants piloting the use of CNAM’s new AMCF content and related tools as part of a coached, peer supported exercise to improve their personal AM capabilities. Participants will be able to assess and plan their personalized competency development program using a common, Canadian public sector-specific framework and leading sector- and AM Competency-specific development activities, at the proficiency level they need to improve. Participants will also have access to a peer support forum for asynchronous communication with other participants to share tips, successes, challenges, or insights.
During the program you will:
- Assess your job position against the AMCF’s generic AM Roles to create a personalized AM Competency Profile
- Undertake a personal Competency Gap Assessment to identify your AM Competency gaps
- Develop a personal AM Competency Development Plan to improve your AM Competency proficiency and track your progress
- Identify and select appropriate competency development and management activities for your AM Competency Development Plan
- Create or develop activity details with the templates and tools provided
- Develop a long-term AM Career Plan
- Appropriate for Canadian communities and municipalities of all sizes, locations, and AM maturity
- Appropriate for Elected Officials and Municipal / Community / Organization Staff of all levels
- Particularly relevant for AM practitioners who wish to further develop their personal AM Competency proficiency
$295/ person + $95/person for each additional participant from the same organization.
$395/person + $125/person for each additional participant from the same organization.