AM Capacity Building Program – Group #1
July 15 @ 9:00 am - September 16 @ 12:00 pm EDT
Learn about CNAM’s AM Competency Framework for Canadian Communities (AMCF) and how it can help you, your team, and your organization increase AM capacity and build AM capabilities. Local government staff and elected officials will engage in a coached, peer supported program using a common, Canadian public sector-specific framework. Participants will use CNAM’s new AMCF knowledge product and tools to create a development plan to improve their personal, team, and organizational AM capabilities. Participants will also have access to a peer support forum for asynchronous communication with other participants to share tips, successes, challenges, or insights.
During the program you will:
- Learn about competency development, the AM Competency Framework, and how to create a competency development plan for yourself and others
- Plan an example personalized competency development program, using our NEW competency development planning tool to:
- Assess AM Competency gaps
- Create a personalized AM Competency Profile
- Develop a personal AM Competency Development Plan to improve AM Competency proficiency and track progress
- Identify and select appropriate competency development activities from leading sector- and AM Competency-specific activities
- Develop strategies to collaborate on AM capacity building in your organization, including:
- Expanding AM Competency learning and development planning to others in your organization
- Communicating and sharing your plan with your team, your manager, and others
- Coordinating development with others in your organization to improve workforce planning
- Using our NEW AMCF guides, templates, and tools to assist in recruiting and selection
- Workshop #1 – July 15, 2021 – 9amPT/12pmET to 12pmPT/3pmET (3 hours)
- One-on-one Check-in – Virtual support session with just you and your organization’s other program participants, scheduled at your convenience between Workshop #1 and Workshop #2 (1 hour)
- Workshop #2 – December 8, 2021 – 9amPT/12pmET to 12pmPT/3pmET (3 hours)
- Workshop recordings will be made available to participants who are unable to attend.
- Appropriate for Canadian communities and municipalities of all sizes, locations, and AM maturity
- Appropriate for Elected Officials and Municipal / Community / Organization Staff of all levels
- Particularly relevant for AM practitioners who wish to further develop their personal AM Competency proficiency or develop their organization’s AM capacity
$295/ person + $95/person for each additional member participant from the same organization.
$395/person + $125/person for each additional non-member participant from the same organization.