The Canadian Network of Asset Managers was formed "by municipalities, for municipalities" with a key goal to facilitate knowledge transfer of infrastructure asset management principles and practices. These are a few of the initiatives CNAM currently offers to help achieve that objective.
- Annual workshop where international experts and Canadian municipal asset management leaders network and share best practices.
- Volunteer opportunities both through elected positions on the CNAM board of directors and through participation on committees and with the annual workshop.
- Partnerships with other like-minded organizations to deliver additional professional development opportunities to CNAM members.
- Annual awards program that recognizes excellence in developing and implementing asset management approaches and significant improvements in business performance through the use of asset management tools and techniques or approaches.
- Online forum via LinkedIn where members from across Canada can share information throughout the year.
- Leverage technology, minimize the cost of membership and maintain the cost of CNAM annual workshops to affordable levels to promote accessibility and inclusivity of all municipalities, no matter their size.
- Facilitate the transfer of knowledge through mentorship between small and large municipalities across the country.